Now that the rains seem to have abated (at least temporarily!), the outdoors beckons. Given the amount of time we spend evaluating and selecting a home, not to mention the amount of money we spend on it, keeping your home in tip-top shape is vital for your own comfort and adds to your home's curb appeal if you're considering selling. And often, regular maintenance can help you to avoid emergency fixes and save you aggravation and money in the long run.
Not sure where to start? Peruse our handy checklist and pick out a couple of top items to get you started:
- Host a yard sale -- Remove and donate unwanted items, reorganize and clean closets, attic, basement and garage
- Power wash exterior walls, porch floors, deck, patio, driveway and sidewalks
- Clean outdoor furniture, umbrellas and outdoor light fixtures
- Clean out gutters
- Remove lint from the hose attached to back of clothes dryer
- Reseal natural stone surfaces (travertine, etc)
- Edge gardens and walkways
- Reseal the driveway
- Trim and prune any shrubs, tress or plants that are blocking windows, rubbing or leaning against the house, or blocking walkways
- Ensure downspouts are taking rainwater a sufficient distance from your home's foundation
If you need help with any of these projects, check out our list of trusted resources or give us a call and we're happy to share our recommendations. Now let's get out there!
Time to get outside!